Sleep. Just a simple word but very significant in our life. So today, it’s all about how to make our bedroom comfortable and calming when we are ready for bed. Let’s we see the 5 simple rules to follow in order to have a good quality bedtime.
- Turn off light - Our body is programmed to sleep when it’s dark. So, switch off lamps and maybe switch to soft light (bedside lamp). Why? Actually, light will inhibit the melatonin, which is hormone that promotes sleep. So, if our brain is confused between day and night, it won’t produce melatonin effectively.
- Keep away of light sources - The key point is to have a right signal for our brain to produce melatonin. So, keep away or hide any glowing stuff. Try to use heavy window shades if the light comes from street or outside sources.
- Cooling down our bedroom - It’s suggested to cooling down our bedroom 5o to 10o lower than daytime temperature. Why? It’s because our body temperature is slightly dropped when we drift into sleep. Actually, by doing so, we provide a good start for our body to easily doze.
- Kick out any noise - Try to keep our bedroom quiet. We can use earplugs to buffer the noise. It’s vital to keep it quiet since unexpected noise will wake us, then having trouble for bed again.
- Keep our bedroom peaceful - That means no television, no unexpected alarm, no reminders, no radio or computer Just back to the basic function of the bedroom that is to relax, sleep and sex.
Lastly, having a quality of sleep is vital to promote and having a healthy lifestyle.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.