Looking for Home Health Care services in Muskegon, then take a minute to make sure you understand the types of home care services that exist in our area and what to watch out for!
Home health can cover issues from occupational and physical therapy to helping the elderly with daily activities such as bathing, cooking and monitoring prescription regimen.
Home Health Care is not the same as Home Health Services! Home Health Care deals more with the medical side, such as helping seniors manage an illness whereas Services deals more with a daily routine, house cleaning and similar activity.
Quality Home Health Care in Muskegon
It is imperative that you contact people who are familiar with Home Health Care, such as family and friends of seniors being cared for, to make sure that they are satisfied with the service. Doing this may seem like work, but the Health Care company should be able to give you a list of names. Every organization should have references, if not, be alert! Review our comparison of home health care in Muskegon
You can also see a list of titles in the medical field which are included home health care jobs.
Here are a few questions you should ask when look for Muskegon Home Health Care.
- Length of time care agency has been in the area.
- Review flyers for pricing and services that could be used in comparison.
- Proper approval by Medicare?
- Has the Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations or similar groups certified the quality of care given by this company?
- Make sure they are Licensed and that they offer a Patients'' Bill of Rights!
- Is the health care services plan designed for the individual updated often and does it include input from the individual themselves and their family doctor?
- How close does the company monitor caregivers services to ensure excellent service?
- 24x7 support (phone, etc) is a must and if such service is not offered, you may need to look for another company offering Muskegon home health care.
- What is the level of patient confidentiality?
- What is the process the health care agency uses to hire employees and what are their qualifications and are certifications up to date?
- How does the agency handle billing, financial assistance, Medicare paperwork, are they flexible and what happens should you be late?
If you are hiring an individual rather than an agency to provide home health care, make sure you do your homework! Ask them for written permission to run a credit check, background check and require a list of references. All these offer insight into the character of the care giver.
Before you do anything, make sure you contact the Michigan Department of Community Health at http://www.michigan.gov/mdch/0,1607,7-132-2945---,00.html
Help Paying for Home Health Care
There is help in paying for Home Health Care in Muskegon and surrounding areas with the largest source being Medicare. Medicare will cover the cost of this care if the individual can meet the following conditions:
- The individual needing care must be homebound and under a their doctor''s care;
- The patient must require speech therapy, skilled nursing care, or occupational, physical on at an intermittent basis or more.
- The services provided must be under a doctor''s supervision and performed as part of a home health care plan written specifically for that patient
- The patient must be eligible for the Medicare program and the services ordered must be "medically reasonable and necessary"
- The home health care agency providing the services must be certified by the Medicare program.
For more information on Medicare and Home Health Care in Muskegon, call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) or visit Medicare online at http://www.medicare.gov
Back to Muskegon Home Health Care main page.